Today, I encountered yet another problem that required some thinking and googling. I’m bug fixing and extending an old Windows Mobile 6.0 application and needed to deploy directly to device from Visual Studio 2008. It worked yesterday, but today it did not work. Google didn’t came up with the immediate answer, so I tried to change the target framework from 6.0 to 6.5.3, but still not working.
I checked the “Services” and restarted the RPC services, but still not working. I rebooted my laptop and discovered a new services “RPC Endpoint Mapper” that was running on my machine, and suddenly the device deployment worked fine after connecting with ActiveSync