An old problem reappeared. I was going to add existing projects (2 class libraries, 1 test project and 1 WCF services) to my current Visual Studio 2010 solution. The projects I was adding is stored in another team project than my current Visual Studio 2010 solution, and I had problem adding the by just copying the projects to my work space and use “add existing”. The solution to this is to follow the procedure below for each projects you need to “copy” into another solution:
- Make project director and all sub-directories writable
- Delete <ProjectFile.csproj.vspscc>
- Delete bin and obj directory
- Edit <ProjectFile.csproj> and remove lines with <SccProjectName>, <SccLocalPath>, <SccAuxPath> and <SccProvider>. These tags are used by TFS and needs to be removed before project can be re-added to any solution.
- Add project to the new solution
This will directly add projects to the solution that is connected to the TFS server.